Sunday, December 18, 2016

Changing ... a whiter shade of pale

I'm changing, arranging,
I'm changing,
I'm changing everything
Everything around me
13 more days to 2017.

And it is never too late in life for a new year resolution. There are resolutions that will remain pledged year in year out ... kaizen for continuous improvement.

Few actions taken in 2016 involuntarily turned out worthy for a new year resolution - to change and be yourself.

Will follow what the instinct say. It is usually right.


Reflections Of My Life

The changing of sunlight to moonlight
Reflections of my life
Oh how they fill my eyes

The greetings of people in trouble
Reflections of my life
Oh how they fill my eyes

Chorus:
Oh my sorrows
Sad tomorrows
Take me back to my own home

Oh my crying (Oh my crying)
Feel I'm dying, dying
Take me back to my own home

I'm changing, arranging,
I'm changing,
I'm changing everything
Everything around me

The world is
a bad place
A bad place
A terrible place to live
Oh but I don't want to die ...

[Chorus]

The Marmalades (1971)
The first order is to cut off the intolerables and nuisances - the liars and hypocrites.

Removed and blocked off.

Some done already. Next year intend to be more selective and done earlier.

Second was done and more to come.

No more Whas App or Telegram groups more than 20 members.

It is usually aimless chating without any specific mission. Serves no purpose as it does not make relations closer.

Conversations usually shallow and lacking maturity. It is generally not critical thinking but views swayed by sentiment and emotion.

But when they are critical, they closed their mind to refuse to be corrected and questioned for their facts and argument. Seldom conclusion made prematurely.

Whass App groups becoming more and more to be real nuisane. Read "10 things you face when you are in an unwanted Whass App Groups".

Too many junk images, forwarded jokes, sermonising, and aimless messages clogging up the smartphone.


A Whiter Shade Of Pale

We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
But the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
As the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
The waiter brought a tray

And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale
She said, 'There is no reason
And the truth is plain to see.'
But I wandered through my playing cards
And would not let her be
One of sixteen vestal virgins
Who were leaving for the coast
And although my eyes were open
They might have just as well've been closed

And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

And so it was that later

Procol Harum
Third, all these for a more truly independent and guided 2017.
Disebutkan dalam Musnad Imam Ahmad, Sunan Ibnu Majah dan yang lainnya, dari hadis Abu Ayub al Anshori r.a. bahwa ada seorang laki-laki menemui Nabi s.a.w. lalu berkata, “Beri aku nasehat singkat”.
Nabi bersabda,
إِذَا قُمْتَ فِي صَلَاتِكَ فَصَلِّ صَلَاةَ مُوَدِّعٍ وَلَا تَكَلَّمْ بِكَلَامٍ تَعْتَذِرُ مِنْهُ غَدًا وَاجْمَعْ الْإِيَاسَ مِمَّا فِي يَدَيْ النَّاسِ
Jika kamu hendak melaksanakan shalat, shalatlah seperti shalat terakhir, jangan mengatakan sesuatu yang membuatmu minta maaf di kemudian hari dan kumpulkan keputusan terhadap apa yang ada pada manusia”.
Nasehat pertama: Menjaga sholat dan memperbaiki penunaiannya
Nasehat kedua: Menjaga lisan
Nasehat ketiga: Qona’ah serta menggantungkan hati hanya kepada Allah.

No comments:

My Say